Download v184.108.40.206 clients from https://github.com/BreakoutCoin/Breakout-Chain-Client/releases/tag/v220.127.116.11. Version v18.104.22.168...
Using The Breakout Chain Wallet
This short tutorial shows how to start up the Breakout Chain software for the first time and generate a new address for others to send BRK.James Stroud
To use the Breakout Chain wallet
- Go to the download page at http://www.breakoutcoin.com/downloads/ and select the download that matches your system.
- Either extract the wallet on windows or open up the .dmg file on OS X.
For Windows, open the zip archive:
Click the Extract button.
Click Extract All.
For OS X, double click the downloaded .dmg file, then drag the Breakout Chain software to Applications. Then double click the software icon from within the computer’s Applications folder.
- After extraction, double-click BreakoutCoin. Sometimes it crashes on the very first run. If it does, just try again.
- Allow the Breakout Chain wallet some time to synchronize. It might take 10 minutes or more. When it is finished, the checkmark will be solid instead of outlined.
- After it is synced, protect your wallet with a strong password by selecting Encrypt Wallet from the Settings menu. This will cause the client to quit so the wallet can be encrypted. After it quits, just open the client again as described in Step 3.
- Create a new address first by clicking the Receive button.
- Then click on the New Address button.
- Ensure that the Currency pull-down reflects Breakout Coin, then fill in the Label and click OK.
- From the list at the top of the window, select the new address that has the label you entered in the previous step.
- Click Copy Address at the bottom of the window to put the address in your clipboard.